This one-day workshop explains the purpose and benefits of the ISA-88 standard and its role as both an engineering guideline and a management tool.
ISA-88 is important because it serves as a common language for better communication. It includes methodologies that help to reduce engineering cost and that serve as a management tool. It also supports to define operational requirements more precise and to identify what should and should not be automated. Using ISA-88 enables recipe development without the need for a control system engineer.
Through this course the attendees are getting a better understanding about:
- Best practices for the design and operation of batch manufacturing
- Using the standard for improving control for batch manufacturing
- Insight how a consistent set of concepts, models and definitions can improve communication between parties involved in batch manufacturing
The course focuses on:
- Structure and format of recipes and procedures
- Definitions of appropriate levels for recipes and procedures
- Hierarchy of manufacturing equipment and its control
- Modular and re-usable control functions.