What can we learn from others
November 17-18, 2021 – MESA South Africa held its successful Year End Summit “The Art of the Possible: Manufacturing Without Limits”.
In his key note, MOMi president and senior consultant Jan Snoeij shared some observations for manufacturers in these challenging times.
Summarizing Jan concluded:
- Manufacturing is not just about plants, but also includes end-to-end supply chains and the entire product lifecycles.
- Perfect order delivery asks for visibility and transparency and requires consistent and timely information.
- Collaboration in our factories and with our supply chain and product lifecycle partners is key!
- Advanced technologies and methodologies will help to become less dependent on our resources and more agile. It enhances our workers’ skills and offer tools for further improvement.
- Characteristics of best-in-class: standardize and digitalize and apply an holistic approach in line with your strategy.
- Don’t forget about your people. They make the difference!
Donna Slater from Creamer Media published in Engineering News a summery of Jan’s presentation: “Manufacturers need to innovate to survive in post-Covid-19 environment“.
Want to know more? Just contact us.