Preparation of the survey typically starts with the questions like:
- What is a feasible scope for IT in Manufacturing Operations, offered by corporate?
- What is the expected value of that scope in the sites?
- Which sites will be surveyed?
From here the survey can be prepared and introduced to the sites to:
- Share the planned scope and the objectives and share the message of what is expected.
- Understand current operational performance in a site.
- Understand the improvement potential of deployment of the proposed scope to the site.
The survey is always tailored to the specific case and it is set up to require a limited amount of time of the local site management to fill in. To support site respondents, info sessions are held to explain the plans, understand local practice and give an idea of value of manufacturing operations IT in general. Consolidation of the survey results forms the basis for a focused deployment roadmap with valued targets to be pursued.