LIMS in Manufacturing: All You Need to Know!
Reasons for deploying a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) can be quite diverse:
- To be compliant to Tracking & Tracing requirements more efficiently
- Not typing over data from equipment
- Reducing the risk of errors by having better data integrity
- Replacing custom developed solutions and uncontrolled Excel sheets
- Enforcing following analytical protocols.
Whatever you want to achieve, the start will always be: Go back to the basic processes and keep it simple.
The manufacturing industry is changing. Talk of Big Data, the Internet of Things, the Fourth Industrial Revolution, Smart Factories, … The laboratory and the quality data & information needs to be part of that talk: laboratories need to be Smart too!
One thing is for sure: manufacturing organizations (including quality operations) will not become self-organizing without achieving excellence by utilizing LIMS / Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) first.
This 1-day program provides an extensive overview of LIMS/MOM and how to leverage its full potential both on short and long term. A successful change requires alignment of your ways of working in quality operations, organization & governance, your people’s skill set and the supporting IT. The course introduces the relevant industry standards for Manufacturing Quality, like ISA-95, and other aspects to create a well-designed roadmap to improve your quality performance.
You will learn about the solutions available to you today and tomorrow, and about the best practices for successfully justifying, implementing and sustaining them long term.
- What is LIMS?
- And what is the rest? (LIS, LES, CDS, ELN, SDMS, …)
- MOM Standards
- ISA-95: Enterprise – Control System Integration
- Other standards
- Relation to production, maintenance, inventory and enterprise solutions
- Interfacing and interfacing concepts
- Metrics / Analytics that Matter
- Discover the Benefits
- How to justify your investment in LIMS?
- Select the software
- Best-practice methodology to select a sufficiently good LIMS
- Implementation strategies and project execution
- Waterfall, scrum, agile, ...
- Stakeholder and change management
- Role of LIMS in Smart Manufacturing / Industry 4.0
- Conclusions and Wrap-Up
The workshop comprises several interactive activities ranging from plenary Q&A sessions to group assignments.
USD 990 | EUR 895 | ZAR 8200 | GBP 825 | SGD 1195
||18 November 2019
Registration Fee: EUR 895