CoC Classroom: 3 Hours; Post Event: 60 minutes for self-study and out-course assessment test
CoA Online: 3.5 Hours, plus two 15-minute breaks
In an interactive way, this four hours course presents the main elements of the methodology to successfully select a suitable MES/MOM solution to achieve your business and operational objectives. The methodology comprises two phases:
1. Create a short list of potential solutions quickly.
2. Proof that the candidates on the shortlist are good enough (or not) to achieve your goals and rank them in sequence of suitability.
The prerequisites for starting the selection process will be explained. Various types of requirements and specifications, how to determine them and how to communicate them with potential suppliers are important issues in the selection process. The final evaluation and ranking, based on all gathered information, will be elaborated. By practical exercises, the participants will obtain some hand-on experience with the most important activities in the selection process.
Learner will be able to:
1. Explain the main elements of the methodology to successfully select a suitable MES/MOM solution to achieve your business and operations objectives.
2. Describe how to create a short list of potential solutions quickly
3. Identify evidence that the candidates on the shortlist are good enough (or not) to achieve your goals and rank them in sequence of suitability
4. Identify the prerequisites for starting the selection process
5. Identify the types of requirements and specifications
6. Explain to effectively communicate requirement and important issues to potential suppliers
7. Describe process for final evaluation and ranking
Learner will cover:
1. Introduction & Overview
2. Prerequisites for Selection
3. Set-up The Organization and Kick-off
4. Requirements and Specifications
5. Create Shortlist
6. Requirements Document
7. Analysis and Evaluation
8. Meeting Solution Providers
9. Final Evaluation and Ranking
10. Handover to Purchasing
Assessment Test and Exercises:
1. In-Course Formative Assessment Test: 10 Questions, Open notes in discussion, Answers recorded in Test Form
2. Out-Course Summative Assessment Test: 10 Questions, Open notes in self study, Answers recorded in Test Form
1. MESA White Paper #4: MES Software Evaluation / Selection
2. MESA White Paper #7: Justifying MES: A Business Case Methodology
3. MESA White Paper #11: MES Product Selection: Best Practices